Sunday 19 July 2009

THE BIG DAY

This was probably the most interesting part of the Xplore Global Gap year programme after coming back from our placements. The two weeks saw us having massive fun, listening to different stories from all around the world and attending the ordination of 6 new Church Army officers at the Sheffield Cathedral and then a party-like celebration at the Church Army's Wilson Carlile College of Evangelism.
After this ceremony, my mind started hitting on our big day which I thought was going to be fun and emotional. How do you handle joy and sadness at the same time? Joy had to come in and be felt as we had taken a whole 11 months away from our, families, homes and countries, stayed with total 'strangers', and became really good friends, actually, Xplore was a family. (This is my popular word for a group of people that understand and care for each other well). This is what Xplore was; Honesty, working as a team, being crazy together, crying together and laughing together. We had been a great bunch of people, with a passion for God and young people, people with big dreams ahead of us.
Sadness had his part too. We weren't going to be all that i've above anymore! Friday was going to be our last day to be happy together again. Jon was going back to the United States. Gemma was going back to Sheffield, Sam was going back to St. Al bans, Billy was going back to South Port, and of course, Betty and I was going back to Kenya after some time. Anyway.

Friday was the big day. We started the day by having a meeting and talking about our future plans. Everyone of us telling what they intend to do after Xplore. For some, the programme has messed and changed their plans, (all for a worthy cause), for example, Billy is no longer going to Uni to study software development but to study Christian Youth Work. Jon isn't just going to study Chemistry now, but is going to add Youth work and major in that. Gemma isn't going to study Psychology any more. She is going to Study Youth Work. Well for a few, they are still determined to study what they like most. Sam was planning to go to Uni to study Physics until he was offered a job with Church Army. Betty is still planning to go to Uni and study International Relations and be doing some part time Christian Youth work. Myself, my dream and call is still the same. Going into full time Christian Ministry. The only infection that I've got from Xplore is that now I know where exactly God is calling me to serve Him in, and that's youth work. So what are my plans then? Well, find a job first. Then, save for a college and then study Christian Youth or something related to that if I don't the opportunity of coming back to the UK.

Anyway, a long story. On Friday the 17th of July 2009, we had our last day together as Xplore 08/09. The occasion was marked with a lot of fun. Ladies dressed up in decent beautiful dresses, men in suits and ties, we told jokes, we listened to speeches and encouragement, we received cerificates, we had food and we took loads of photos, we shared stories and the end was the last hugging and blessings upon each other. This was where I almost cried. I wasn't going to see Jon again and have some serious talk about our future plans, if i will, it might be after ages. I wasn't going to make funny noises with Billy, no more jokes with Gemma, no more admiring Sam on the guitar. No more Monie and Phil teaching us and agreeing to disagree. And of course there was going to be no more Trinity palls to hung around with. :(.

The one thing that still remains is that we all grew in different ways. Spiritually, emotionally, physically etc. Personally, my confidence and creativity has grown massively. I have also grown physically, having come to the UK without beards and now I have. I am one year older! What a growth! And I learnt to trust in God more. Learnt to be more orderly and punctual.

I want to thank Church Army for the wonderful opportunity that I had to come over the UK and learning all these tonnes of stuff.

I want to thank Monika and Phil Clark for being like my parents, very caring and understanding in every way. I liked their honesty and dedication. Them two are Legends. And Emily and Mike, you are a great people.

I want to thank all the Xplore mates. They were a great bunch of people. Fun, honest, caring and and easy to be and work with.

I want to thank everyone from Trinity Church Page moss; PST John Crawford, Dave Collier, Adrian, Collin Prescott, Linda and Len White, Nancy and her friend, Pat, Peter Mack and Anne, Jay, Phil Owen, Andrew and Heather Heaton, Leanne, Natalie, Emma, Martin, Holly, Ste Prescott, Rob Brown, The late Ivor. Rest in peace. I cant mention you all in these piece. But God bless you.
I am honestly going to miss every minute I spent with you guys. God bless you big time in whatever you do next. May our good Lord guide you and keep you and make His light shine upon you and make your ways straight.

I believe that now the Vision has been officially launched. Am on the move, no holding back. A revolution has started. With God's strength and guidance, I am stepping out.

Amen.

Moses

No comments: